“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it.”
― J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan
Last week I was training one of my rising star wellness coaches. She’s a gifted massage therapist, super experienced yoga teacher, amazing vegan chef and excellent coach. But as talented as she is, she felt stuck in her business. She really wanted to get to the root of her inertia. What was keeping her from growing a successful wellness business? As we spoke it became clear to both of us that the culprit was this core belief:
“I don’t want to grow up, because grown-ups are stressed out, cranky and don’t have any fun.”
What ensued was a conversation about the 2 choices she thought she had:
1. Enjoy our lives, follow our hearts, be adventurous, play, dance, sing, laugh…and be irresponsible and broke.
2. Put our nose to the grind stone, work hard, be responsible, make money…and feel trapped, sick, bored and miserable.
I asked her, “What if you’re wrong about that? What if there’s another choice? What if being grown-up means enjoying your life AND being responsible… following your heart AND making money?” At which point she said, “Wait! That IS what I’m doing! I am responsible and I love what I do. I do make money and I’m following my heart.”
Then I said, “and you’re a grown-up! In fact, you’re the kind of grown up kids want to become!”
How about you? Have you become the kind of grown-up that is tired, stressed, cranky and not having any fun?
Have you been so caught up in taking care of “business” that you’ve lost your center, your sense of curiosity and joy, your natural rhythm?
Have you forgotten that you can fly?
If so, I created the Bliss Retreat just for you.
It’s a magical week where you get to…
- rest deeply in order to feel peaceful and calm in your core and surrender to the rhythms of nature
- dance, practice yoga, pray, sing, and have adventures in nature that recalibrate your nervous systems so you can feel predominately peaceful and joyful
- express yourself in writing and art so you can actually see what’s going on inside of you
- connect with women of all ages, backgrounds, shapes and sizes
- return home with a regime that will help you stay centered and connected to your true nature – which is joyful, creative, loving, peaceful, courageous and light
- and…if you want to…you’ll even get to fly!
Claim your spot by registering here or emailing Laura Forsyth (my event coordinator) and join me for this special 7-night women’s Bliss Retreat in beautiful Costa Rica.